So you decided you want to avoid probate. How do you ensure your estate and assets don’t wind up in Probate Court? There are several good ways to avoid probate:
- Joint tenancy with rights of survivorship (JTWROS)
- Tenancy by the entirety (Missouri married couples only)
- Pay on death (POD) accounts
- Transfer on death (TOD) accounts or deeds
- Beneficiary deeds (Missouri)
- Beneficiary designations (life insurance, retirement accounts, and some other accounts)
- Small estates
My law firm, Johnson Law KC LLC, can help you avoid probate. Call (913.707.9220) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a free, convenient consultation.
(c) 2015, Stephen M. Johnson, Esq.