Here’s a helpful article from Fox News offering 5 tips for preparing a will and estate planning documents. They are:
1. Make a plan – what do you want to happen to your assets when you die?
2. List your assets – what different accounts, cars, house, and other stuff do you have?
3. Name an executor – who’s going to handle your final affairs and administer your estate?
4. Consult an expert – use a good estate planning attorney, accountant, and financial advisor
5. Leave a note – how do you want your funeral handled? Who should your family call after you die?
While thinking about estate planning is often unpleasant or morbid, we try to make the estate planning process easier and help you gain the peace of mind and assurance that your family is taken care of and well provided for. Whether you’re in Kansas or Missouri, young or old, single or married, wealthy or just starting out your career, we’re here to serve your estate planning needs. Call our office (913-707-9220) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us for a convenient appointment and let’s begin the estate planning journey together, for you and your family’s sake. We offer a free 30 minute consultation and convenient, no surprises flat fee billing to our estate planning clients.
(c) 2012, Stephen M. Johnson, Esq.